Sunday 12 September 2010

A little feel better soon LOTV!

Morning peeps!!!
I had a super day yesterday. First it was a day at cricut club which is just always so much fun, I made 2 cards which I will post later in the week. Then onto babysitting for my 2 fav little people in the evening ( though I must admit they are not quite so little anymore!!!!)
I made this little card for my friend's niece who had a small battle with a trampoline, she slipped under the net to get out and took a tumble on the way and came off slightly worse for wear bless her. I don't know her too well as I have only seen her a little handful of times but she is one of the cutest little girls and I felt so sad that she had hurt herself. Her aunty ( my friend) keeps us updated and summer is now home after a yukky couple of days and an op to wire her little bones in her arm up to heal.


I thought that my cute little LOTV nurse stamp would be a good one too use and teamed it up with an easel fold, martha punch and of course some gingham funkyhand paper ( I love gingham!!!!) I made the sentiment on my computer in one of my favourite fonts. I used the little hearts that punch out to decorate the white cardstock under the punched edge.
We also have a new arrival in the daubney household, rather a surprise though!! I just happened to be getting the cucumber ready for our african snail, Speedy Chuggington. ( speedy from ryan, chuggington from Mo) and I saw this little lump on his (....her?!) foot near the shell. On closer looking ( after thinking omg? what is that? and can you take a snail to the vet?...) I realised it was a teeny tiny baby snail!!!! awwwwwww!!! Then when I put the cucumber in it slid down the foot of chuggington and got onto the cucumber!!!
Anyway, I called Mo ( who was engrossed in lego making...again!!!) and told him to look what was in the tank. Well, you have never seen such a happy little boy!!! So I said to him " what do you think we should call the baby snail Mo?" he replied
" We have to call him whoopsie mummy because we didn't know he was coming"
Well, scott and I had to laugh!!!! ( lou had visions of Mo being born and being called whoopsie as we didn't know he was coming either!!!!! lol!!!!)
So here is little whoopsie you can just about see him on the edge of the cucumber!!!

(...and yes, I am frantically searching the tank hoping there are no more after being told by my brother that they have squillions of babies!!!)Right I am off for a cuppa, to get the washing machine on and get caught up with ironing. We were going to womble to the shop but Mo has requested a pj morning so that will have to wait a while!!!!

My card used:

white linen cardstock.

Gingham paper from my funkyhand Colour me Happy papercraft factory.

LOTV Little nurse stamp.

Martha stewart Doily hearts punch.

SU oval punch and scalloped oval punch.

Computer genrated sentiments with Kristen ITC font.

Thankyou for popping in!!!

Hugs Lou xxx

11 comments:

  1. Listen to Mo & have a PJ morn I love those nothing better on a sunday hun. This card is sooo cute & gorgeous I love it. I'm going to have to get that stamp its lush & those papers it all just goes so well together. What a shame for the little girl hope she is ok hun bless her. I laughed my ass off when I read what Mo called the baby...thats just sooo cool.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card - not so sure about the snails though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute card, don't know what it is about gingham but I love it too. I also love these stamps, think I may have to get myself a few.

    Sunday is always a good day to have a PJ morning, had myself one today too. Enjoy your day and hope you don't find too many more snails!! LOL!

    hugs
    Kaye x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. Happy New Arrival Day!

    Yep - It's 1.15pm and I'm still in my PJ's. Why not on a Sunday?

    I love your card and I definately need to buy that stamp too.

    Julie (elysia2003) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is fab Lou, I'm sure the poor injured little lass will love it. Snails..I don't know much about them except that I didn't like them when they used to be in Ian old kitchen, years ago!! Congratulations on the new arrival..hopefully he will be the only one!!
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lou

    Sorry I haven't been around for a little while. I have been up to my neck making stock for a two day craft festival at the weekend .. .. and still I won't allow myself to say I am ready. My "still to do" list is getting even longer LOL!!!

    Your card is so sweet Lou .. .. but I feel so sorry for that little girl. It sounds like she had a nasty tumble .. bless her!! I am sure your card will cheer her up.

    As for whoopsie .. .. let's hope it is a singleton and not part of a brood of zillions !! Eeekkk.

    Little Mo sounds gorgeous.

    Enjoy the rest of Sunday.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!Lou what a lovely post to read :),your Mo sounds such a sweetie and love the name for the baby snail.
    You may need a names book if you have more little ones :)
    Gorgeous card Lou & perfect for the little girl(bless her heart).
    Have a lovely week,hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well what can I say "CONGRATULATIONS" on your new arrival. The name suits it perfectly !!!! lol I hope it's alone but me guesses they may be more!!!! lol Have you ordered a bigger tank hun?

    Right serious side now your card is fab and will bring such a smile to anybodies face. love the colours and paper is perfect choice.

    Fi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww what a cute card.

    Congratulations on the birth of your snail too. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lou, I love this card, the image is so cute ~ one I very nearly got but was good.
    Hope Summer is well and truly on the mend, bless her.
    what a surprise with the new arrival too, I'm sure there will be many, my neighbour went away for the week and when she came home there were at least 40 little surprises!!!!
    Thanks for your lovely comments
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Lou, Your blog is always so amusing and such a pleasure to read, the only thing is my life seems a bit dull after I have popped over to yours!!! no new babies here thanks goodness!!
    your card is very gorgeous, me loves.
    hugs chris xx

    ReplyDelete

One little comment goes a long way!! your special words always make my day :)