Sunday 21 November 2010

Funky festive Tilda!!!


Good afternoon peeps!!!
Its another grey, dreary and wet one here in Lincolnshire today so I have been busy making bits and bobs!! I am absolutely shattered as little mo has been rather poorly with his asthma this week so I am functioning in zombie mode!!!
I have been busy pootling along doing my christmas cards for the lovely girls at work though and this is one of 8 I made on tuesday and wednesday. I saw a card very similar to this one in clare's shop, Cloud Nine, over in horncastle and I just had to have a go at it.
I knew I had the most gorgeous and festive coloured red gingham paper on my Colour Me Happy cd from Funkyhand. There are a couple of shades of red gingham on the cd ( along with some other very gorgeous gingham colours of course!!) but this little red one I used can be found in the Blissful Baby section of the cd. I simply trimmed it down and inked up the edges with my red versacolour cube.
I decided I needed to add some yummilicious magnolia swirls around the edges of mine and used my fabby new lacey circle nesties for the sentiment.
Tilda is coloured with promarkers.
Hair- sandstone and tan.
Clothing- berry red, crimson and satin.
skin- vanilla and pastel pink ( boo hoo hoo though as my vanilla promarker has now runneth out...!)
and a tiny squidge of highlighting with my white gel pen.
A bit of lovely red satin ribbon and martha doily hearts to sit on and Tilda was festively happy!!!!!
Tonight I am hoping to get Mo to stay awake until 6pm, cross your fingers for me peeps!!!! he has managed to just about stay awake until 5:30pm 2 nights in a row so we are pushing for a bit more tonight!! lol!!!! ( bet he still gets up at 5am though!!!!!).
He is sat playing with his shlech knights and a cardboard box made into a fort at the moment!!!
Right off for a womble around blog land now. Enjoy the rest of your weekends peeps!!!
Hugs Lou xxxxxx

7 comments:

  1. Great card Lou! Love the gingham paper and Tilda is adorable!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdie doodie hunni loving this gorgeous card its got a country feel about it which I totally love & you know me & Tilda....well she is looking fabulous here. I hope Mo is ok after his stint of Asthma my eldest son suffered really bad when he was little & my youngest started about a year ago with it. Give him big hug from me sweetie.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a super card Lou and ladies it's as lovely in real life too.
    Well well you cost me some more money a needed that stamp!!!!lol
    Fi xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real gorgeous card, loving the colour combo
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lou

    Gorgeous card.

    Love the swirls you have added and your image is coloured beautifully.

    I hope Mo is starting to feel a little bit better (and that he managed to stay awake) .. .. bless him.

    Hopefully you will catch up with some sleep soon too.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!Lou,Oh bless Mo and hope you get some good nights/mornings sleep.
    Very pretty card,your colouring is so lovely.
    hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, your poor little Mo. Hope he's feeling better, Lou. Darling card! when I first read the post I though you said you made 81 of these over the two days and couldn't even imagine! After rereading, I realized it was 8, but that's still a whole bunch. So so cute! xxD

    ReplyDelete

One little comment goes a long way!! your special words always make my day :)