Monday 29 November 2010

Santa's letter!!

Hello peeps!!!
Well, its definitely white outside my little craft room!! When I came out it was just starting to sprinkle with snow. It lasted a good 40 mins and its settled quite nicely!!
And this is what I came out to create!! isn't she a cutie?! she is Check my list twice from Tiddly Inks (and if you peek on the top of my sidebar you will see Christy is having a bit of a white out over in the Tiddly Inks store, there are fabby savings so its well worth a visit!!!)
I coloured her up with my promarkers ( berry red and crimson for her dress,ice grey 3 and 4 for her boots, sandstone and buttercup hair, vanilla and soft peach for her face and pastel beige for her huge list!!!!

I made this envelope style card in my cricut design studio over a couple of years ago and I still love it. The tags, liner and little letter are all cricut too.The gingham is my fav again from my funkyhand cd, Colour Me happy, contented coffee colourway this time I think!! The 'letter' part I embossed with my cuttlebug and the script folder and the writing on the tags is from my computer and good old word!!!! Martha punched branches, card candy and a bit of frayed burlap distressing on everything too for good measure!!!

Our car is playing up a bit today so I am hoping I will be able to start it nicely in the morning from under its snowy duvet to get Mo to school and me to work!!! lol!!! My friends at work live around 40 mins away and its a bit heavier with them so please keep them in your thoughts for safe journey's tomorow morning too.

I am going in now for a nice cuppa and a bit of TV before I go to bed so don't forget to go over to Tiddly Inks for a little retail therapy!!! lol!!!
Thankyou for popping in on me!!
hugs Lou xxxxxx

11 comments:

  1. Hi Lou, wow this is so very impressive it looks stunning, but then so are all of your cards.
    white here too, mitch came home from school early.
    sorry I have not been around so much lately,, just cant get on top of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lou

    I am finally let loose in blog land again .. .. yay!!

    We have had a little bit of snow over night but nothing major. I wonder if there is more on the way .. .. still to dark to tell at the moment.

    Loving your card. Such an interesting shape and the embossed "letter" sets everything off beautifully. So many interesting elements!

    Stay safe Lou and I hope Mo is enjoying "the white stuff".

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just BEAUTIFUL! You really are so clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lou, this is fantastic, love the shape & the colours.
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW.....Lou hunni this is absolutely gorgeous I love it!! The image is just fabulous & the style of the card is awesome.... Hope your car has started ok & def hope you've had a safe journey sweetie, take care & keep warm.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning Lou - I love the shape - fab idea.
    Take care and keep safe & warm
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Lou you have been a busy girl very beautiful card, clever you.
    Hugs Fi xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh lovley lovley card lou,,need to know how you have cut the envelope shaped card

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!Lou this is so very gorgeous,she is a cutie and love the tags/gingham.
    Sorry not stopped by much,trying to get ready for Saturday-will miss saying Hi!! :(
    take care in the snow/ice,hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lou what a fab card......as always xx
    Well done you!! Hope you gets lots done while the snow is about x
    Take care Hev xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great design, Lou! Fabulous card! Love the image and the details are too cute! xxD

    ReplyDelete

One little comment goes a long way!! your special words always make my day :)