Thursday 28 July 2011

The big guy golfs by the sea!!!!!!

Image- Mo Manning's Big Guy Golfing.
Magnolia port hole stamp ( cant remember its name!!)


Morning peeps!!!

How many of you love making cards and then get that order ( from your dad...) and say, " Yes of course I can do that Dad" when he gives you your little list of needs for it ( which was... name: kipper. Likes:golf, spent a lot of time at sea and he is retiring from being a DHL truck driver...)
Well, beads of sweat formed on my top lip for around an hour ovwer this one...and then it just all plopped together onto a card and I was quite pleased with myself!!!

I think I remembered everything for it!! I made the sentiment myself in word and googled 'kipper' to get the little kipper picture on it. I did try writing the name kipper but the fish was way more fun so I chse him!!

Lots of distress inking on the background ( ...very theraputic when you are not exactly sure where you are going with the making of the card...!!) I masked the magnolia stamp up before distressing away!!
The big guy is coloured up and popped out with some silicone on top.

And here is inside the card.....


I just had to get the lorry in there somewhere!!!!
The pages on the right are actually 10 pages and I had to sew them in as Dad needed 100 people to be able to sign it!!!!! phew!!!!

Promarkers used-

pastel blue, powder blue and denim blue- shirt and sky
sandstone,caramel and cocoa- trousers, shoes,socks,hat,boat,porthole.
pear green and olive green- jumper and grass.
cocoa,cooly grey 3 and 4- golfclub.
pastel biege- ball
ivory- clouds.
Challenges I would love to enter with this card are....
Totally papercrafts- one for the boys challenge.
I love promarkers- Anything goes challenge.
Allsorts- Free and Easy challenge.

Its such a fun card. Right I had better get my butyt into gear and get dressed. Little mo is actually more organised than me this morning and is dressed already!!
Have a great day peeps!!
Hugs Lou xxx

9 comments:

  1. Oh great card Lou. Love the idea of using the sea view.Super job.
    Hugs Fi xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You deserve a round of applause for that one - I think I'd still be sitting scratching my head. Great card! Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi sweetie....WOWWWWWWWWWW your dad will be super proud of this its awesome in every way hun. I love it!!!!!!! Love it!!!!!!!!! Love it!!!!!!!!!

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing!
    A great card I'm sure the receiver will be really happy with!
    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week!
    Good luck and I hope to see you again
    Hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous sweetie....!

    thanks for joining us at tpc....and good luck...!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey sweetie, Gorgeous Work big Hugs ♥ Pops x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a really great card :) Lovely soft colouring and a perfect card for a guy!

    Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lou - you did an absolutely fab job to get everything into your card. Just hope he doesn't think you're taking the mick over his age when he sees the galleon......hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Lou, lovely colouring too, thanks for joining us at I ♥ proMarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

One little comment goes a long way!! your special words always make my day :)