Thursday 24 May 2012

Saturated Canary Challenge 18....

Afternoon Peeps!!
So I will be at work when this little sketchie fairy wings her way to you all out there in blog land!! Its that Saturated Canary Challenge blog time of the week again!! wohoooooo!!! and this week our little team of gorgeous birds want to see.....
Bookmarks
I had soooo much fun making this bookmark. I love to read, when I start a book I dissappear off into my own little world of calm and imagination and then pop out at the end!! My poor hubby dispairs when I ask for books because I go through them like water (...thus he has suggested I need a kindle.....!!) but there is just something magical about books. I inherited a thirst for reading from my mum, and Mo inherited it from me!!! (..thank goodness for libraries with fab children's sections!!!) but its a good thing to read so I am happy for us all to have that bookworm bug!!!


I love making bookmarks, my BF showed me how to make corner ones once a great whoosh of them followed but recently I have been making bigger ones. This is because Mo likes to keep a track of how much he has read, (it comes from school giving him a reading record book I think) so I started cutting big tags out and attaching lined notepaper on the back for him to write his read 'from' and 'to' pages.


But this little cutie is a make I did just for me. I have been so busy with makes for people that I needed some 'ME' time!! :) I cut a tim holtz vintage tag, covered it with an old book page (..this one is from my 'Rococco' book by Adrianna Trigiani,oh I so love her books, have read them all at least twice). I added some tead dye distress ink and some magnolia swirly stamp, lace,string,sizzix swirls and then got busy on Sketchie!!


I am going to  pop this little cutie in for a couple of challenges..
 Cupcakes Book Lover challenge.
Ruby's Rainbow- things with wings.
Going Buggy challenge- things with wings.
(will linky them all in when I get home from work tonight!!)


So don't forget to pop over to the Saturated Canary challenge blog and see what my awesomely gorgeous teamies have come up with and then get busy on a bookmark!!!


Thank you so much for popping in on me
Huge hugs Lou xxxx

19 comments:

  1. OOOh ooh ooh its gorgeous!!!! ooh love the design of it and of course the stunningly coloured image, wonderful me darlink!!!!! love it xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply gorgeous Lou...love the image and great colours too hun :o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous bookmark Lou!! Love the image and the gorgeous colours.

    I love getting lost in a book but when it's finished I miss the characters, lol! Nothing beats a new book; a Kindle just doesn't compare for me.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lou I am so with you on this! I like the idea of a kindle but I just adore books, my eldest collects them too lol! I love the smell of books and the feel of the pages a kindle just can't give me that! This bookmark is so pretty what a wonderfully coloured creation sweetie! Hugs Rebekah xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a gorgeous bookmark Lou, I especially love the text. :) Thanks so much for joining us at Cupcake this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh super bookmark Lou and what a joy to have in any book. Another successful creation hun.
    Hugs
    Fi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lou, what a stunningly gorgeous bookmark. I love the image and your colour schme is perfect. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at cupcake craft this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very, very cute!! I would be looking at this more than reading the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous chick, I love this bookmark and the colours too hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful tag! thank you for joining us at Ruby’s Rainbow for our *Things with wings* challenge
    Hope you will join us again
    Hugs Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable too!!! I really love this especially how you used the papers of an old book - what a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tag is fantastic Lou ! Love the flourishes on the paper and as dies too ! Stunning colouring as always ! Love the colours you have chosen... I love reading too... Can't go to bed without my book !!! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Lou your bookmark is stunning.Love the image and the fab papers etc.. Thanks for joining in with us over at Ruby's Rainbow 'Things with wings' challenge.Good luck dearie.Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. your bookmark is such an eye-candy!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, Lou! I haven't seen that image yet (uh oh!)and of course it's a must have. I sure you know what you mean about books. Love to get lost in another world like that. Fab that Mo loves it too. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lou, you sound like me on not getting the Kindle. All I can say is try it you'll LOVE it. Get the Fire, It's fabulous. I can't imagine going back to holding a book.LOL. All that said, this bookmark is wonderful and love your coloring on the image.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A lovely bookmark. Thanks for joining us this week at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Lou

    I simply love your bookmark. The colour combination is gorgeous!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous Lou, very vintage, very adorable. Thank you so much for entering it in this months Going Buggy challenge, and good luck
    hugs
    Enfys x

    ReplyDelete

One little comment goes a long way!! your special words always make my day :)