Tuesday 2 April 2013

Tiddly inks challenge 107- Distress,Emboss or stitch....

Image- A retired little Something from Tiddly Inks.
(sob, sob, I so think Da Boss should put him back in the shop!!)

Morning Peeps!!!
its time for a new challenge over on the Tiddly Inks challenge blog and this week its......

Distress, Emboss, Stitch



So all you need to do to join in with us this week is get out your fav Tiddly Inks images and show us a bit of distressing, stitching, or embossing.  You can use all three or one of the three, it's up to you!  so here's some idea's from the gorgeous Tiddly Inkers to get you started.

For my card I used one of my fav images ever. This little somethings Monkey is just the cutest and perfect for so many things but he is also retired...sigh...sob sob!!!! I didn't realise until my card was all done but I still had to share him because he is way too gorgeous not to!!

I used my distressed stripes embossing folder to emboss my kraft paper and then added a bit of cotton medical gauze and ribbon, I distressed all the edges with my distezz-it-all ( I LOVE this littlr pink machine!! I use it tonnes, its so satisfying to hear it chewing away those edges,mwah ha ha ha ha!!!) and then added a good old splodge of vintage photo distress ink too.

Little monkey is coloured up with my promarkers... 
Fur- sandstone,cocoa and burnt sienna
skin- blush, sunkissed pink,coral
vine- pear green and olive green

and he has some texture on him done with the good old promarker blender on a scrap of denim trick! I popped him out on some foam so he really does look as if he is swinging by, awwwwwww he is so darn cute!!!

His little monkey cuteness is off to sit in the challenge over on the cupcakes challenge blog which is Get Your Kraft on!!

Huge hugs and thank you's for popping in on me, its a very exciting day for me today as I will be back with another post soo!! Its my first DT post for the Passion for Promarkers DT!! squeeeeeeee!! I am so excited about it because its just such a dream come true, I hope I do you all justice with my colouring!!!

Right time for a cuppa and bloggy womble!
huge hugs Lou xxx

11 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous. I'm amazed with your fussy cutting skills too. Your cutting looks so clean and neat, something I can never do. Love your colouring too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so cute! I absolutely love this image. Ok, you need to elaborate on the "scrap of denim trick", it looks fab. :D Have a wonderful Tuesday my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwwwwwwww cuuuteeeeeee!!!! you card makes me wanna a real monkey:))))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your card Lou ! I love the different textures and this little monkey is too cute ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lou this is so fabulous! Your embossed background is just too perfect for your image! I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw just love this lou.the image is so cute and i love your fabulous colouring and design :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! Love the jungly/natural theme and how do you cut out so bloomin' neat?!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the texture with your distressing, so adorable with the "little something" :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow Lou this is such a cute card, he's so sweet! Oh, and it's so nice to see someone actually follow the challenge ;) Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute and the design is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am totally in love with this card Lou!! All the elements and details that you have put into this is just amazing and I love that little monkey, so sad he is retired now... Stunning work honey, as always!! Xx

    ReplyDelete

One little comment goes a long way!! your special words always make my day :)