Tuesday 14 August 2018

Get Whale Soon.............


Good Morning peeps!

I'm so happy to share this little Get Whale Soon make using the super sweet little whale and his sentiment from the Gummiapan Animal Kit sheet B stamp set. It is still one of my favourite sets to use because of those fabulous bold stamping lines you get.

Here's a closer look at the whale! I added a little glossy accent to his balloon, I love it!! I decided to paper piece my elephant to add some extra fun to the card. I love paper piecing and this stamp set is perfect for it with those gorgeous bold ink lines. I stamped him onto a scrap of patterned paper from my bits box and then fussy cut him out with my scissors. I also stamped him out on white cardstock so once I had cut him out with the Gummiapan Animal Kit B Matching Dies he would still stand proud from the little circle of design paper behind him.


I used hot glue to stick the paper pieced whale onto the white die cut so that when it dried he popped out a little. Then I squeezed some glossy accents onto his little spout and arranged some beads from my stash to make him a 3D little spray. To keep those on safe, I then glossy accented over the top of them too.

I love the swooshy font on the Get Whale Soon sentiment, it's so pretty. I stamped it on another scrap of design paper from the same pad in my stash and then cut it with a die, also from my stash...I have a good lot of stash to play with!!!! 


I love to liven my cards up by distressing the layers. All I do is run my scissor blade down them to 'fluff' them up. It looks especially nice when you glue a little piece of scrap design paper behind the curled up tears in the paper. I love this effect.


Oooh and don't forget...

Thank you for popping in!!  Huge hugs and squishes, Lou xx

2 comments:

  1. Lou, this is super duper cute hunny! LOVE that paper combo and your gorgeous distressing. You seriously have the maddest, most fabulous card compilation skills! I love your creations hunny. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gorgeous friend - thankyou so much for this card - it is even more stunning in real life. BTW you were not on my blogger feed ... how odd!! I am now 'officially' following you. Much love xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

One little comment goes a long way!! your special words always make my day :)