Tuesday 5 November 2019

Let's Avo-cuddle!! .......


Morning peeps!!  

For my make today I chose to use the super sweet Let's Avocuddle art stamp kit. I adore this one! it's so sweet and the little avocado and flower head stamps included in the set are just perfect for stamping around the edge of your die-cut like I did here or making a fabulous backing paper of your own!!


The shape of the card and the gorgeous little leafy fronds and dragonfly all come from the stunning Magnolia stamps- The Vintage box fifth edition. To make the card base I just used a kraft precut card, placed my lacy card die so that the edges of the top could be seen over the top of my card and then ran it through my die cutting machine a few times until it had cut all the way through the 2 layers of the card base. 

For the heart-shaped layer that Tilda's image is sat on I used my heart die as a template and drew around the inside of it. Then I cut it out with my scissors and distressed the edges by sanding and then inking them.


Look how sweet that little dragonfly is! I die cut it 3 times with my patterned design paper and once with the kraft paper so I could layer it up and give the wings that dragonfly layer effect. It looks so pretty and delicate. The leafy branches are so lovely too. I cut them, coloured them in with my promarkers and then turned them over and gave the leaves a rub with my dry embossing tool to get them to pop out a bit before I glued them in place.


The 'Let's Avo-cuddle sentiment just makes me smile! It's so cute!! I used the little torn notepad die from my one of my Doo Hickey die sets. 

Thank you for popping in, Hugs Lou xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

One little comment goes a long way!! your special words always make my day :)