Sunday 8 January 2012

Winter Fun !!

 Afternoon Peeps!!
Its been a lovely morning again here in our little house!! 
The weather was pants and Mo fancied going to funfarm ( for my friends over the pond, funfarm is a mahoosive soft play adventure play area!) we got there for opening time and 2 hours later we had one very chilled, hot and tired little man!! we popped to get some shoping on our way home and Scott is watching the football so Mo and I are crafty pootling!!

I had a 3 challenges that I wanted to join in with so I decided to make a card that would include all 3!! they are...

I got my base already a la Jen's sketch. I embossed the top layer of white with my snow flurry embossing folder. I cut my skates and sentiment from my Winter woodland cart. The little swoosh behind them is from my storybook cart, its the fancy corner from the 'w'.
Here's a little side view so you can almost see the skates pooped up a little!!

I also doodled some dots on here and there with my black pen.
Now for the giggles.....do you have any idea how long it took me to get a piccy of a black and white card???!!! omgoodness!!! so 14 piccies later and I thought these 2 were ok!!!!

So I think thats me for today. I am going to spend the rest of my afternoon just tidying things a little while Mo is busy here next to me, he is being a huge help stealing all the little bits he fancies and popping them into his little cake slice shaped box I made a while ago ( which he also stole!! it is good for soldiers, buttons,leafs and stones and I am surprised it has survived this long!!!!)
I might even ink up my lurvely new gorjuss snowman stamp that Mo helped me to choose yesterday! ( I am determined to get a good run on cards this year as I was daftly behind again last year!!) 

Have a fabby rest of your sunday peeps!
huge hugs Lou xxx

13 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your take n this weeks challenge. Black & white looks so cool. And so does the distressing. FABULOUS JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Lou...! love the font and the skates are the perfect touch sweetie..and loving the black dots too :o)

    have a lovely afternoon with Mo...big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! LOVE the bold words and your embossing! Thanks for joining us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! I love the Winter Woodlands cartridge and your card screams Winter Woodlands. Thanks for joining us in the weekly challenge at BBTB2. I hope to see you play along all year long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card super colours, love the extra dots it's so effective.
    Hugs
    Fi xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card. I just adore the all black and white. Very elegant. Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so pretty i love the black and white. thanks for sharing with us at bbtb2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are beautiful Lou, and I love the black and white ice skating one. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Lou ! Your card is FANTASTIC ! Lot of drama - love the black and white and the embossed background ! Everything is perfect ! Love it love it love it ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card sweetoe loving the big letters & the colour combo. Its really striking hun.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a design with black and white...and your card with the skates is really nice. Thanks for joining us at our BBTB2 skate challenge.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm just hanging my head in shame that it's been so long, hon! Will need to do some catching up, but in the meantime, this card is FABULOUS! You don't use your Cricut nearly enought, Chickie. So happy you joined us at BBTB2. Hope your holidays were wonderful. I'm still trying to catch up. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very fab and the skates are just wonderful!! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

    ReplyDelete

One little comment goes a long way!! your special words always make my day :)