Sunday 21 July 2013

A bit patchy...!!!

Morning everyone!
I wanted to share one of the cards I made the the magazine feature I did a couple of weeks ago today. Our sunshine seems to be hiding today so I decided on this zingaliciously bright patchwork card!

I really enjoyed making this one and its such a fun way to use up a few scraps! I stuck them all on and the drew some doodley stitches around the edges of each piece.
Here's the instructions if you fancy having a quick go at one....

You will need:
5 different printed papers ( your scrap pieces would be awesome for this card)
plain cardstock cut at 5" x 10"
Instructions:
Score and fold your plain cardstock at 5", this will be your card base.
Cut your biggest piece of paper at 4 7/8" x4 7/8"  and distress the edges using the edge of your scissors.
Cut the other pieces at 1" x 4 5/8", 2 2/8" x 3 4/8",2 2/8" x 2 2/8", 1" x 2 2/8 and again distress all the edges with your scissors.
Adhere them all to your largest piece of paper in the same layout as shown in the picture.

Using a black pen, doodle some faux stitching around the edges of the patchwork pieces.

Today Poppy has 2 little buddies over to play, Monty and Ellie, as their mummy and daddy are having a big BBQ, not much fun for pawsy peeps so they are spending the day with us instead. 

Mo is busy constructing something lego-ey! I keep hearing rustles of his hands swooshing through the bricks so I am not sure what is getting made up there today!!! and Scott is busy hoovering the car out and giving it some TLC after its 2 trips to the garage this week to get bits sorted out on it! so me, I am going to have a womble on split coast stampers and see if there's a tutorial I fancy having a go at because I finally feel oodles better today. The sore throat is hanging on but is so much more easy to cope with without the sore ear so I just keep sucking sweets to stop it getting to dry!!

Have an awesome sunday peeps, huge hugs Lou xxx

6 comments:

  1. wow what a wonderful effect .. beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab idea to use up bits of paper Lou! have a great day huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Lou. I love the papers you have used and your doodles look fabulous, I can never get mine to look right.
    Glad that you are feeling much better today. Enjoy the rest of the day
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have taken shabby chic to a new wonderful level, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi sweetie, your creation is just gorgeous :0) Hugs pops xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is gorgeous lou.really love the papers and fab distressing.
    glad you are feeling better too :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete

One little comment goes a long way!! your special words always make my day :)