Saturday 21 July 2018

Galaxy Tilda with XOXO.........


Morning everyone!

I'm squishing in an extra Swedish House Crafts DT post today and I am sharing the card I have made for my amazing husband for our anniversary in a couple of weeks.

He loves Star Wars so Magnolia stamps Galaxy Tilda with XOXO was just the right stamp to go for and I love XOXO in her hand. The little heart spots on him just make me feel all warm and cosy inside!!


I had a teeny bit of Lou fun ripping the layers to add a little stitched twine detail in the corner, it just livens up the base layer a little when you are doing a fairly simple layout on your card. I tied the twine into a bow today too, sometime I leave the ends floating free but today was definitely a bow day!!

Just look how sweet Magnolia stamps Galaxy Tilda with XOXO looks a little closer in!! I stamped Tilda first and then masked her off to add the little moon from the Magnolia stamps Galaxy Moon, Star and Butterfly kit behind her. I love how it came out! You can see the glossy accents I added to little XOXO a little better on this photo. 


You can also see the heat embossing I did with the super sweet little stars stamp in the Magnolia stamps Galaxy Moon, Star and Butterfly kit. I heat embossed them with silver embossing powder and then added a lovely sprinkle of frantage embossing powder too. The last thing I did was go in with my distress inks and add a little colour to Tilda's galaxy!!


Lastly, it was time for a sentiment and for me, the 'You are a star' stamp from the Magnolia stamps Lovely emoji's You are a star kit was just perfect. Scott really is amazing, he has been such a massive support and help over the last 18 months of my cancer journey and I don't know what I would do without him, so 'You are a star' was just right! 


I used the Gummiapan Old Paper dies and some Maja papers from my stash for this card too.....well...a girl has to get all her faves on a card for such a special guy right?!!

Thank you for popping in peeps, I do so love blogging. It sure beats the picture quality of Facebook so I really appreciate you all nipping in for a better look. Huge hugs Lou xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

One little comment goes a long way!! your special words always make my day :)