Friday 16 March 2012

Viki the Viking....:)

 Image- Viki the Viking..
coming soon to a Krista Smith Saturated Canary Digi's near you!! :)

Evening Peeps!!!
How are you all this fine friday night/ morning depending on where you are in the world!!!

I have to share with you all that this week has been a really hard one emotionally for our little family and I have had some very sad days. Yesterday I needed me some girly time and I got out my art journal to soothe myself a bit.

This gorgeous little image is called Viki the Viking and she is one of the new releases coming up from Krista is just what I needed to perk me up. I was inspired by one of the passages from the bible we were unpacking in church on tuesday night. I knew what I wanted to do right away.

A good old splodging of frayed burlap DI and magnolia swirly stamping around my pages and then a bit of Tim Holtz vintage lace border down the centres, a weathered clock, some waco pearl pen and and that was the base to my pages. I also splotched some crafty notions spray over the top, it is actually a gorgeous shimmery bronzey colour in the light but it wouldn't show in the picces :(

I typed out my passage, The armour of God (ephsians 6: 13-17) and then snipped it all up! I inked the edges, popped some glue on and squooshed it all around the page. have you ever noticed how much it cheers you up just to squoosh things around with no real layout? (...its so funny though because once I had finished I noticed my little subconscious had been following its own pattern!!) 

Here's a close up of Viki....

Isn't she adorable???!!! she is a complete must peeps!!
the font I used is called Viking and is free from dafont, I love the way it fitted perfectly with my little Viki, perfick!!! 
Please excuse my piccies but I keep forgetting to charge my camera so have been using my old one and I just can't get the focus as good as my newer camera!!!


I want to enter this is for Papertake weekly- one for the girls. I really enjoyed making a girly page for my journal and it really did cheer me up a whole tonne ( thank you krista, love yah,mwah xxxx) and the 4 crafty chicks challenge -Girls Rule!...well if this little chick doesn't scream girl power I don't know what will!! :)


thankyou for peeking in on me, you don't know how much ya'll cheer me up with your comments in tough times
huge hugs Lou xxxxxx

14 comments:

  1. She is indeed adorable, and you made the very best of her with this lovely page.
    Sorry you've had a troublesome week....isn't it wonderful that we can find solace in creativity!
    That sentiment means a lot to me...almost 5 years breast cancer survivor....and I DID fight like a girl!
    Have a lovely weekend, and chin up, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this Lou
    Have a good weekend
    Allisonx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, my dear. Hoping things get easier for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear you're going through some tough times. Hang in there and just keep your face to the sun (or Son).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lou this is just awesome. Loving the new image and your colouring is fantastic. Awesome layout...suits the image perfectly! Hope everything works out ok and that you are feeling better soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love this, gorgeous absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at 4CCC for a Chicks Rule challenge.

    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sweetie I feel so sad you had a bad time... I think of you Lou and will pray for things to get smoother for you and your family... Your pages are stunning... The colours, the little character and the verses you have chosen, everything is perfect... Sending you lots lots and logs of hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how wonderful, love it, great job, thanks for playing at 4 Crafty Chicks...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely AWESOME! Sorry you are going through some hardships right now - God is there...he will watch over you! *HUGS* Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous...

    So loving the colours that you have chosen too...

    Want to see it all finished :-)


    Have a fabulous weekend hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh sweetie first of all put your left hand on your right arm & your right hand on your left arm.....are you doing that....thats me giving you a great big hug sweetie. I'm so so sorry you've had a bad time shug I really am. You are in my thoughts & prayers hun.

    Your creation is totally AWESOME!!! I sooooooo love this shug I love Viki as soon as I saw her on Krista's blog I laughed my socks off, when she came on tv when I was younger that ended up being my nickname for sooooooooo long & I had forgotten all about it & everytime I look at this sweetie I just laugh with good memories of school lol.
    This is just fabulous hun.
    Thanks for my soothing head massage it worked a treat shug.

    Take care, big hugs to all there hunni mmwah xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Lou sweetie,Oh bless thanks so much for your lovely comment and really hope you are doing a bit better too and having a lovely day today :))))))
    What a cutie she is,gorgeous colours and colouring Lou.
    BIG hug,Lou.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great image but not as great as those words from Ephesians - hope you are feeling a little more settled now. Lovely project - thanks for joining in with this weeks Papertake Weekly challenge. Mary G x

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! This is just GORGEOUS! :)

    ReplyDelete

One little comment goes a long way!! your special words always make my day :)