Thursday 13 April 2017

Scarlett West..and a little Lou update!!


Image- Scarlett West from KennyK stamps.
Morning everyone!!!

I was ever so honoured to win a GDT spot with the KennyK DT over on their Club Kenny K facebook page. The challenge this month, which you can find HERE, is as always Anything Goes but the DT girls and us GDT girls we tasked a 'Spring Flowers' theme.

Well I had to take a Lou style route around this one with my kooky sense of humour! I don't know about the rest of the world but our spring here is swinging between wonderfully warm and then blooming freezing again!! and I am totally blaming it on the groundhog!! he he!!!!

Here's a close up of the blinginess!! because I so love a lil bit of blingy glitter pen, especially on the sheer skirt.

And don't forget!! you get the gorgeous Dowager Countess free just for entering the challenge.

Yesterday I went for my oncology appointment. It's all good news and all a bit of a rush from here on in because my Chemotherapy starts next Friday (21st)at 10:30am!! And my hair, well it needs to go sooner than we thought...Like next friday night/saturday before my blood count has a chance to dip and an infection can have a party if my head gets nicked during the shave!!! But, its all good peeps because at least I don't have to have it done this weekend and I won't get mistaken for a huge Easter Egg!!!

The side effects are always a wonderful thought....errrr......!!! lol!! but the plus points are I am clearly half mortal so that's good!!!!
But in true Lincoln Breast Unit style, they were explained fully and fabulously. I'm super pleased I ordered my lovely hats because they arrived yesterday. I love the little doodled animals ones my Little Mo chose for me! they are just too cute!

I also got a wonderful big snuggle from my wound nurse, Charlotte, who saw me in the corridor and said it was lovely to see me. Honestly, that was just magic. I feel so blessed to of been cared for by this amazing team. It really has set me in good sted for kicking ass!!!!

Right, I need to get a move on because today I have my Zoladex injection into my tummy, lots of bloods to be taken an my BP to be checked....errrrrmmmm..I think that might be a bit high!!!!!

Have a wonderful day everyone! huge hugs Lou xxx

7 comments:

  1. Sending hugs and best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lou what an amazing card, I love her sheer glittery skirt, the whole design is wonderful. Thanks again for sharing the progress and I hope everything went well today and continues to travel as smoothly as possible. Hopefully whoever is cutting your hair will be steady of hand, nothing worse than nicks and cuts on your head when your going for the smooth cool look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card...
    I think your amazing, really I do, good luck with your chemo...sending all the best wishes I can sum up for you flower...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. I also wish everything goes okay when you starting the chemo. I was meant to have blood taken
    this morning but after trying in both arms and one hand she want's me to come back another day,not one drop :-)
    Take care x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck to you Lou, I love how positive you are keep it up. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aud, hope you are well hunny xxxx

      Delete
  6. Woe! That form is a 'reality - smack in the face', but you are so going to ace this chick and those side-effects can take a hike! Love your sassy card today chick, it's awesome! Those clouds and that fabby image, so perfectly coloured! I love that you are still creating and haven't let this slow you down in the slightest! Sending oodles of love hunny all the way from NZ, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete

One little comment goes a long way!! your special words always make my day :)